Cluckin’ Good Organic Herbs are a good choice for chickens and ducks of all ages.* Herbs have often been used throughout history to support digestive and circulatory health. The xanthophylls in the calendula flowers deepens yolk coloring in eggs, and nettles have been known to increase eggshell strength when used regularly. The herbs in this mix have been selected for their known beneficial attributes and natural preventative properties. Always offer clean fresh water, age appropriate grit and oyster shell for laying hens.
Common benefits associated with herbs:
- Nettle: Calcium, bone strengthening
- Ginger: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Garlic: Immune support
- Basil: Adaptogen, anti-inflammatory
- Thyme: Respiratory health
- Calendula: Contains xanthophylls, which deepens egg yolk color
- Oregano: Antioxidant for immune support
- Parsley: Good source for vitamin K, D, and A, folate and iron
Sprinkle a small amount of herb mix over the top of daily feed rations or mix full package into a full 40 lbs bag of feed.
*Attributes of Cluckin’ Good Organic Herbs have not been approved by the FDA