Specially designed formula for the older horse with high fat, controlled starch, and key ingredients
A high-fat, controlled starch, complete feed to meet the unique needs of senior horses. Your horse has always given you its best. And with Nutrena SafeChoice Senior, you can do the same in return. This proprietary formula is enriched with added amino acids for muscle maintenance, highly digestible fiber and organic trace mineral complexes that help improve and maintain body condition. It meets all the unique nutritional requirements of your older horse. And SafeChoice Senior is a multiform horse feed specially designed to be highly digestible and highly palatable. Just what your old friend needs.
- Exclusive Nutri-Bloom Advantage increases fiber digestion up to 15% for better health and bloom
- Balanced Omega-3 and -6 fatty acid levels from select vegetable sources to help reduce the effects of inflammation
- Highly digestible fiber sources for feeding as a sole ration without hay or pasture
- Increased fat level for the extra energy older horses need
- Ideal for rehabilitating neglected or malnourished horses
- Controlled starch design helps reduce the risk of metabolic disorders
- Highly palatable formula in pellet form for optimal feed consumption
- Enhanced with antioxidants, including selenium, vitamin C and vitamin E, to support the immune system and helps minimize the effects of stress
- Guaranteed levels of biotin to support hair coat and hoof development
- May be soaked with warm water to form QuickMash in just 3 minutes
Crude Protein 14.0%
Crude Fat 8.0%
Threonine (min.) 0.5%
Crude Fiber (max.) 16.0%
Calcium. 0.75 to .95%
Copper 40 PPM
Selenium 0.3 PPM
Vitamin A 4,500 IU/lb.
Vitamin D3 450 IU/lb.
Vitamin E 150 IU/lb.
Biotin 0.45 MG/lb.
Daily Feeding Table (When Fed with Hay or Pasture):
800 lb.: 4 lb. to 6 lb. per day (Light Work: 6 lb. to 8 lb.)
1,000 lb.: 5 lb. to 7 lb. (Light Work: 7 lb. to 10 lb.)
1,200 lb.: 6 lb. to 8 lb. (Light Work: 8 lb. to 12 lb.)
Daily Feeding Table (When Fed without Hay or Pasture):
800 lb.: 10 lb. to 12 lb. per day (Light Work: 12 lb. to 14 lb.)
1,000 lb.: 12 lb. to 14 lb. (Light Work: 14 lb. to 16 lb.)
1,200 lb.: 14 lb. to 16 lb. (Light Work: 16 lb. to 18 lb.)
Sole ration feed at 1.25% to 1.5% BW.
With free choice hay or pasture, feed at 0.5% to 0.75% BW.
Sole ration feed at 1.5% to 1.75% BW.
With free choice hay or pasture, feed at 0.75% to 1.00% BW.